By Eric Jacinto and Matt Koontz
The 2018/19 Premier League season is just days away from starting and it's gonna be another fantastic season. There were plenty of moves this summer as clubs made some major signings the transfer window closes on Thursday the day before the season starts instead of August 31st like in years past. Click here to view the all the Summer transfers (Brought/Sold) from all 20 clubs.
Myself and my buddy Matt will predict the Premier League Table. I will predict how many points each club will finish with. Matt won't be predicting many points each club finishes with. We will also predict the other four Big European Leagues, predict the top goal scores and the goal keepers who will finish with the most clean sheets (Shutouts). We'll also predict who will go down and who will come up from the England Championships League.
Eric's 2018/19 Premier League Table:
^ Will Qualify for Championships League
^^ Will Qualify for Europa League
* Will get Relegate to EFL Championship (English Football Championship League)
(2017/18 Table Finish)
^1. Man City- 88 Points (1st, Champions)
^2. Liverpool- 86 Points (4th)
^3. Chelsea- 82 Points (5th)
^4. Arsenal- 80 Points (6th)
^^5. Man United- 79 Points (2nd)
^^6. West Ham United- 73 Points (13th)
7. Tottenham- 70 Points (3rd)
8. Wolverhampton Wanders- 60 Points (EFL Championship Title Winners)
9. Leicester City- 58 Points (9th)
10. Everton- 57 Points (8th)
11. Burnley- 51 Points (7th)
12. Newcastle- 50 Points (10th)
13. Fulham- 45 Points (Won the EFL Championship Play-off to get promoted)
14. Watford- 38 Points (14th)
15. AFC Bournemouth- 36 Points (12th)
16. Southampton- 34 Points (17th)
17. Cardiff City- 33 Points (2nd Place in EFL Championship)
*18. Brighton & Hove Albion- 32 Points (15th)
*19. Huddersfield- 30 Points (16th)
*20. Crystal Palace- 29 Points (11th)
The Three Clubs that will get Promoted to the Premier League from the EFL Championship:
1. Aston Villa 2018/19 EFL Championship Champions
2. Stoke City
3. Leeds United win the Play-off
Top Ten Golden Boots (Goal Scores):
1. Harry Kane- 32 Goals, Tottenham
T.2. Sergio Aguero- 28 Goals, Man City
T.2. Mohamed Salah- 28 Goals, Liverpool
4. Romelu Lukaku- 25 Goals, Man United
5. Roberto Firmino- 22 Goals, Liverpool
6. Alexandre Lacazette- 20 Goals, Arsenal
T.7. Eden Hazard- 18 Goals, Chelsea
T.7. Felipe Anderson- 18 Goals, West Ham United
9. Gabriel Jesus- 17 Goals, Man City
10. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang- 15 goals, Arsenal
Top 10 Golden Gloves (Clean Sheets/Shutouts):
T.1. Alisson- 15 Clean Sheets, Liverpool
T.1. David De Gea- 15 Clean Sheets, Man United
3. Ederson- 12 Clean Sheets, Man City
4. Jordan Pickford- 11 Clean Sheets, Everton
5. Hugo Lloris- 10 Clean Sheets, Tottenham
6. Matthew Ryan- 9 Clean Sheets, Brighton & Hove Albion
7. Bernd Leno- 7 Clean Sheets, Arsenal
T.8 Ben Foster- 5 Clean Sheets, Watford
T.8. Rui Patricio, 5 Clean Sheets, Wolverhampton Wanderers
10. Joe Hart, 4 Clean Sheets, Burnley
Matt's predictions for the 2018/19 premier league season.
Key - *relegation
This is updated post transfer window, so there’s some changes to the predictions.
1. Liverpool – Big Additions: Naby Keita (CM), Alisson (GK), Xherdan Shaqiri (Mid), Fabinho (CDM). Player to watch – Xherdan Shaqiri. Player to disappoint – James Milner
2. Man City – Big Addition: Riyad Mahrez (Mid). Player to watch – Bernardo Silva. Player to disappoint – Raheem Sterling.
3. Man United – Big Addition: Fred (Mid) and Diogo Dalot (LB). Player to watch – Romelu Lukaku. Player to disappoint – Alexis Sanchez.
4. Arsenal – Big Addition: Bernd Leno (GK). Player to watch – Aubameyang. Player to disappoint – Mohamed Elneny
5. Tottenham – No additions could lose Alderweild. Player to watch – Hueng Min Son. Player to disappoint – Mousa Dembele.
6. Wolverhampton Wanderers – Big Additions – Rui Patricio (GK) and Joao Moutinho (CM). Player to watch – Diogo Jota. Player to disappoint – Helder Costa
7. Chelsea – Big Addition: Jorginho (CM), Kepa (GK), and Mateo Kovacic (CM). Player to watch – Hudson-Odoi. Player to disappoint – Alvaro Morata. Losing Batshuayi will kill their chances at a title run. Had Chelsea 3rd but leaving the striking to Morata and Giroud will tank this team.
8. West Ham United – Big Additions – Issa Diop (CB), Jack Wilshere (CM), Felipe Anderson (RW). Player to watch – Felipe Anderson. Player to disappoint – Manuel Lanzini.
9. Everton – Big Additions – Kurt Zouma (CB), Jeremy Mina (CB), Andre Gomes (CM), and Richarlison (Winger). Bernard (Winger). Player to watch – Richarlison. Player to disappoint – Lucas Digne.
10. Fulham – Big Additions – Andre Schurrle (LW), Jean Michael Seri (Mid). Player to watch – Ryan Sessegnon. Player to disappoint – Rui Fonte
11. Leicester City – Big Addition – Rachid Ghezzal (Winger). Player to watch – Onyinye Ndidi. Player to disappoint – Islam Slimani
12. Huddersfield Town – Big Additions – Ramadan Sobhi (Wing), Erik Durm (FB), Adama Diakhaby (Winger). Player to watch – Ramadan Sobhi. Player to disappoint – Steve Mounie
13. Burnley – Big Addition – Joe Hart (GK). Player to watch – Aaron Lennon. Player to disappoint – Ashley Barnes.
14. Newcastle United – Big Additions – Kenedy (LM) and Fabian Schar (CB). Player to watch – Kenedy. Player to disappoint – Sung-Yueng Ki
15. Crystal Palace – Big Addition – Max Meyer (Mid). Player to watch – Max Meyer. Player to disappoint – Christian Benteke
16. Brighton & Hove Albion – Big Addition – Bernardo (Mid). Player to watch – Bernardo. Player to disappoint – Solly March.
17. Watford – Big Addition – Ben Foster (GK). Player to watch – Will Hughes. Player to disappoint – Gerard Deulofeu (Winger).
* 18. Southampton – Big Addition – Jannik Vestergaard (CB). Player to watch – James Ward-Prowse. Player to disappoint – Shane Long
* 19. AFC Bournemouth – No big signings. Player to watch – Joshua King (FW). Player to disappoint – Jermain Defoe (FW).
* 20. Cardiff City – Big Addition – Josh Murphy (LM) and Bobby Reid (ST). Player to watch – Josh Murphy. Player to disappoint – Danny Ward.
The Three Clubs that will get Promoted from EFL Championship:
1. Middlesbrough 2018/19 EFL Championship Champions
2. Derby County
3. Aston Vila Wins the Play-off
Updated post Transfer Window:
Golden Boot Prediction:
Harry Kane – 30 goals
Mohamed Salah – 29 goals
Romelu Lukaku – 26 goals
Sergio Aguero – 25 goals
Felipe Anderson – 25 goals
Aubaymeng – 22 goals
Leroy Sane – 21 goals
Eden Hazard – 18 goals
Golden Gloves Prediction:
David De Gea – 16 clean sheets
Kepa – 15 clean sheets
Bernd Leno – 15 clean sheets
Alisson – 14 clean sheets
Hugo Lloris – 12 clean sheets
Jordan Pickford – 11 clean sheets
Our Predictions for the other Four Big European Leagues:
Matt- Bayern Munich
Eric- Bayern Munich
Matt- PSG (Paris Saint-Germain)
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.